Hot smoked salmon - Traditional -
- 100g tagliatelle
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove , finely chopped
- 50g spinach
- 75g cream cheese
- zest and juice ½ lemon
- 1 hot smoked salmon fillet, flaked
- small handful basil , finely chopped
- Cook the tagliatelle following pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the garlic for 1-2 mins until softened.
- Add the spinach and continue to cook until just wilted. Stir through the cream cheese, lemon zest juice and, and some black pepper.
- Drain the pasta but reserve a few spoonfuls of the cooking water.
- Toss together and season with more pepper, to taste, before serving.
- Add the sauce to the pasta, along with the cooking water to loosen it a little.
- Add the flaked hot smoked salmon.
- Finish with basil.