Where to buy
- 2 hot smoked salmon fillets, flaked
- 8 in / 20 cm flour or corn tortilla shells
- ½ large green cabbage, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
- ½ bunch cilantro (around 1 cup / 128 g loose, not packed in)
- 2-3 limes
- hot sauce of choice
- tortilla chips
- 2 ripe avocados
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp. fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2-4 tbsp. minced red onion or thinly sliced green onion
- 1-2 serrano (or jalape.o) chilis, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tbsp. cilantro (leaves and tender stems), finely chopped
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Flake the salmon into large chunks and place in a serving bowl.
- Slice the green cabbag thinly as well as the cilantr. Cut the lime into slices.
- Char the tortillas over an open flame on your stove or grill, or soften in the oven or in a pan if using an electric or induction stove top.
- Take one charred tortilla and add a small handful of the shredded cabbage, top with 2-3 oz / 55-85 g of the smoked salmon. Tuck in 2-3 slices of avocado next to the salmon along with a few sprigs of cilantro. Drizzle the guacamole and add an extra squeeze of lime. Add a few dashes of hot sauce if you like. Serve with chips, salsa, and guacamole.
- Roughly mash the avocado with a fork
- Sprinkle with salt and lime (or lemon) juice.
- Add the chopped onion, cilantro, black pepper, and chilis.