Hot smoked salmon - Traditional -
- 2 hot smoked salmon fillets, flaked
- 8-10 8 inch flour or corn tortilla shells
- ½ large green cabbage, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
- ½ bunch Cilantro ( around 1 cup – loose, not packed in)
- 2-3 Limes
- Hot sauce of choice
- Tortilla chips
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2-4 tablespoons minced red onion or thinly sliced green onion
- 1-2 serrano (or jalapeño) chilis, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (leaves and tender stems), finely chopped
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Flake the salmon into large chunks and place in a serving bowl.
- Slice the green cabbage thinly as well as chop the cilantro, Cut the limes into slices.
- Char the tortillas over an open flame on our stove or grill, or soften in the oven or in a pan if using an electric or induction stove top.
- Take one charred tortilla and add a small handful of the shredded cabbage, top with 2-3 ounces of the smoked salmon. Tuck in 2-3 slices of avocado next to the salmon along with a few sprigs of cilantro.
- Drizzle the guacamole and add an extra squeeze of lime. Add a few dashes of hot sauce if you like.
Serve with chips, salsa, and guacamole.
- Roughly mash the avocado with a fork
- Sprinkle with salt and lime (or lemon) juice.
- Add the chopped onion, cilantro, black pepper, and chilis.