Hot smoked salmon - Traditional -
- 250 g (9 oz) pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g (7 oz) green asparagus
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 200 g (7 oz) hot smoked salmon
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 juice of lemon
- 200 ml (1 cup) creme fraiche
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it generously, and boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Reserve a cup of pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the red onion and garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the wholegrain mustard, lemon juice, then stir in the creme fraiche. Lower the heat, add a dash of pasta water, and cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens a bit.
- Transfer the pasta to the plates and add the sauce.
- Next, add the hot smoked salmon pieces.
- Finish it off with slices of green asparagus.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with some fresh parsley, if you like.