Where to buy
- 10,5 oz / 300 g sushi rice
- 2 tbsp. rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. caster sugar
- 1 large avocado
- 1 mini cucumber
- 1 small carrot
- Juice ½ lemon
- 2 sheets nori seaweed
- 7 oz / 198 g smoked salmon
- Soy sauce, to serve
- Pickled sushi ginger
- Put the rice in a small pan with 2,54 cup / 600ml water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 mins until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender. Stir through the
- Vinegar and sugar, cover and cool.
- Cut the avocado, cucumber and grate the carrot.
- Divide the rice between the nori sheets and spread it out evenly, leaving a 1cm border at the top and bottom. Lay the avocado over the rice, followed by the cucumber and finally position the carrot across the centre.
- Fold the bottom edge of the seaweed over the filling, then roll it up firmly. Dampen the top border with a little water to help it sealthe roll. Repeat to make 4 rolls.
- Arrange the smoked salmon slices.
- At this stage, the rolls can be wrapped individually in cling film and chilled until ready to serve.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each roll into 8 rounds.
- Serve with soy sauce and pickled sushi ginger.