Cold smoked salmon - Toast Slices -
- 300g sushi rice
- 2 tbsp rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 large avocado
- 1 mini cucumber
- 1 small carrot
- juice ½ lemon
- 2 sheets nori seaweed
- 8 oz smoked salmon
- soy sauce, to serve
- Pickled sushi ginger
- Put the rice in a small pan with 600ml water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 mins until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender. Stir through the vinegar and sugar, cover and cool.
- Cut the avocado, cucumber and grate the carrot.
- Divide the rice between the nori sheets and spread it out evenly, leaving a 1cm border at the top and bottom. Lay the avocado over the rice, followed by the cucumber and finally position the carrot across the centre.
- Fold the bottom edge of the seaweed over the filling, then roll it up firmly. Dampen the top border with a little water to help it seal the roll. Repeat to make 4 rolls.
- Arrange the smoked salmon slices.
- At this stage, the rolls can be wrapped individually in cling film and chilled until ready to serve.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each roll into 8 rounds.
- Serve with soy sauce and pickled sushi ginger.