Where to buy
- 2 hot smoked salmon fillets, flaked
- 1 package of instant Ramen noodles
- 1 heaping cup / 90 gr of broccoli florets
- 1 cup / 150 gr bell pepper, cut into 1″ chunks
- ½ cup / 65 gr of sliced water chestnuts
Teriyaki Sauce (this will make approx. 1.5 cups / 360 ml)
- ¼ cup / 60 ml Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 cup / 240 ml water
- ½ tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup / 60 ml cold water
- Set the cornstarch and ¼ cup of cold water aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the rest of the ingredients and begin heating over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for approx. 3 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch and cold water in a cup until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add to saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Heat until the sauce thickens to your preference.
- If it’s too thick, you can add water to thin it out.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- prepare the instant Ramen noodles as per the package’s instructions
- Steam the broccoli, bell pepper, and water chestnuts for approx. 7 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the noodles when ready, and place into a large bowl.
- Drizzle some of the remaining teriyaki sauce onto the noodles and toss to coat.
- Add the steamed vegetables.
- Flake the hot smoked salmon into chunks and add to the bowl.
- Serve and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.